Thank you for visiting the mypayless.com Benefits site. To access the full array of benefits information available to you, please go to the main selection page and enter the appropriate information.
The company provides this plan to eligible associates to aid in the reimbursement for Qualified Adoption Expenses. All full-time associates who have completed at least 6 months of consecutive service are eligible.
All requests for claims must be submitted no later than 6 months after the adoption is finalized. Complete the Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Form.
Maximum reimbursement amount per adopted child is $2,000.
Only one associate may apply for reimbursement of Qualified Adoption Expenses incurred in an adoption where two associates adopt a child.
IRS approved Qualified Adoption Expenses include:
- Legal expenses
- Court fees
- Adoption agency fees, including foreign adoption fees
- Pregnancy expenses for the birth mother if not covered by another source
- Temporary fostercare expenses
- Medical examination fees for the child, if required, and not covered by another source
- Transportation fees to bring the child to the adopting parents
- Transportation expenses for the adopting parents, including meals and lodging
To process a request for reimbursement, the following documentation is required:
- A certified copy of the adoption decree and birth certificate
- Bills, invoices, receipts, or other statements showing the amounts and incurred date of the expenses
- Additional documentation may be requested in order to substantiate expenses that are eligible for reimbursement under the IRS Guidelines.
All requests should be submitted to the Corporate HR Total Rewards Team.
Expenses for the adoption of a spouse’s or domestic partner’s child(ren) are not covered under the plan.
Note: If you wish your adopted child to be covered by the company’s benefit plans, you must enroll your dependent within 30 days of the date the adoption is finalized.